Tuesday 4 October 2011

Make Believe

After much thought, I have decided to start blogging again. I left LJ for Facebook and Tumblr, as most of my online friends have done. I just wasn't posting much anymore. Though its hard to say why. Maybe I felt like my life just got boring? Maybe I just had more fun putting up links on Facebook, and reblogging random pics on Tumblr? But, I think I miss blogging. So, I've decided to start again, using blogger this time. I'm not sure what my new blog is going to be like, or if I'll even find any time to post anything worthwhile.But I think I needed to start blogging again, if only for myself. I lost my words and I feel blogging will help me get them back. So welcome friends from various online places. These are my thoughts, dreams, tales of my adventures. I hope you enjoy reading about me and my little life.


Last week was kind of crazy. It all started Saturday afternoon. I had a lazy day with Matt, playing Monster Hunter Tri (must get all matching Ludroth armor!) and watching American Dad. He wanted to go to the movies, so I picked Red Dog (so funny but soooo sad! Koko is a beautiful dog). There wasn't really anything else showing that I wanted to see, and I had heard good things about it. We picked a 4:30pm viewing and off we went. The movie wasn't that long, so I didn't get tired afterwards like I usually do. Plus we had friends coming over to stay (The Kirks - Tom, Amanda and Lilly), so we'd have to get home before six. As we got closer to home, I realized something was up. Why were there more cars than there should be parked out the front of our house? Toshio, Kaely and Cliff pulled up as we did. So like, there was a party at my house and I wasn't invited? haha Ok. I got even more confused when I saw the "Happy Birthday" banner on the porch. Tentatively walking in the front door, Amanda jumped out yelling "SURPRISE! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" and covered me in party popper streamers. 

My birthday is on the 22nd of November.....

I kept trying to tell people, even Lilly who kept bouncing around the front room. She caught me and took me to my room. There were balloons and streamers scattered about the covers. Lilly directed me to a pink bag "PRESENTS!" I'm glad Matt walked in at that point to tell me what was going on. I was worried everyone had somehow mixed up my birthday (embarrassing!). I'd had a conversation with Matt one time about not getting to have a 21st. I was in hospital so nobody planned anything because they didn't know if I'd be out or not. I did have a mini party with just Matt but it wasn't what I imagined my 21st would be like. It didn't really start getting to me until the slew of 21st's I went to this year. Especially Matt's sisters. Her family had gone all out for her...I felt bad that nobody had bothered to do anything for me, not even my own family. Maybe they had plans but I don't know. But I guess it doesn't matter now because I did get to have a 21st, even if it was a few years too late :P

Matt had organized the pretend 21st all by himself (though I'm sure he had help from friends). He had managed to organize the whole thing - decorations and food - all without me ever finding out. Sneaky ;P We did end up arriving a bit too early since our movie didn't go for as long as it should have to allow guests to arrive. But people started showing up moments later, so it wasn't too bad. And so commenced my confusing pretend 21st party full of laughs and hugs and lots of talking about games.

Oh, and presents!
Taken using camera phone. I really need a camera. DONATIONS? ^^;
Zombie Book, Japanese biscuits, bracelet, My Melody notepad and 1000Wii Points from The Kirks. Cotton on Bra-bag and gift voucher from the Farkas' (Tanya & Rob). Bra's & Things gift voucher from the soon-to-be Appleyard family (Mel, Sean & Harrison). Body Shop gift voucher from Kristy & Royce. And the most outrageous gift of all from Adam, $40 EB gift voucher. $40!! $40 THE HELL, ADAM?! You crazy!! ((Thank you to all the AMAZING people who came to my party and got me gifts - so unnecessary but very welcome all the same!))


I was going to do a write up about my annual trip to the Perth Royal Show with The Kirks & Tanya, but there isn't really all that much to say about that. I patted a tiny, little adorable sleeping piglet (OMG!), a sleepy, chubby basset hound and some other animals. Walked around from 10am-5pm (my feet!) looking at all the stuff for sale. Laughing at Lilly's mini tantrums (I can't help it! she's got a cute grumpy face). Watching Tanya & Lilly go on the rides (Matt & I don't like rides). The usual.

Matt also bought me a Korilakkuma.
 I've wanted one since forever! Now I just need a Rilakkuma to match heehee

There you have it. My weekend, and the first entry of my new blog done. Hope you weren't bored :P

1 comment: